Thursday, April 28, 2016

This lack of realism

Seth Godin says that everyone should blog every single day. "Are you able everyday to say 1 thing that's new that you're willing to stand behind?"

So here goes...

In this interview, Bono states that he is "suspicious of Christians is because of this lack of realism". I have to admit, my sentiments are the same. I've spent the whole of my 32 years on this earth in church amongst Christians and I could likely count on both hands the number of times the moments of realism I've felt. No offense to any of those Christians as I think it's just the way things were. It's how we were "trained".

But since I've had these 32 years, I think it's time in today's culture with the abundance of outlets available for us to dialogue, it's time for us to be real. As real as we want to be. As real as we can.

No comments: